All Lynks properties are dealt with by Phillip Armstrong-Beckett (Office Manager) and Kevin Sample (Director) ensuring that you will always have continuity of service...You won't have to deal with multiple agents or keep repeating yourself on the phone again!
We don't charge for many of the "extras" other high street agents do and we charge less for management. You only pay a charge when we find you tenants who go ahead and sign an agreement for your property.
Whether you are an experienced portfolio landlord, a first time accidental landlord, or a homeowner relocating, we can guide you through the rental process. We will find you quality tenants- ensuring good rental returns and smooth running tenancies, with more often than not- no void periods at all.
Run by experienced landlords for landlords
Service levels and fees
Letting only £399 + VAT
- Visiting you at your property, and providing a rental valuation and any other advice which you may require about letting your property
- Professional advice to ensure your property meets regulatory requirements
- Professional digital photographs and a web page dedicated to your property
- Board (unless you would prefer none)
- Listings on leading websites including Rightmove, Primelocation, Zoopla and On The Market
- Accompanying tenant applicants to view the property
- Collecting first months rent and deposit from the tenant
- Credit checks and references approved by professional agencies – all tenants are fully referenced (bank, employment, previous landlords and credit checking)
- Obtaining guarantors if required
- Preparing a Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement (AST) or appropriate agreement and arranging tenants' signatures
- Details on file: We will store your property details so that we can immediately remarket, and place it back on the web, as soon as you are given notice (thus reducing the chance of void periods).
- Preparing professional independent check in inventories.
Extra optional services available – see below
Letting & full management
£399 + VAT + 10% of monthly rental payments management commission.
- All points as for Letting only
- Collecting a deposit and transferring it into the custodial scheme (fully protected) from the tenant
- Preparing a professional independant inventory and schedule of condition.
- Checking the tenant into the property and agreeing the inventory
- Supervising the transfer of gas, electricity and council tax accounts into the tenant's name
- Receiving rental payments monthly in advance, and paying you promptly, together with a detailed statement
- Inspecting the property periodically, and reporting any problems to you
- Arranging any necessary repairs or maintenance, first liaising with you in the case of larger works
- Monthly management reports emailed to you - keep an eye on the maintenance to your property
- Keeping in touch with the tenant on a routine basis, and arranging renewals of the agreement as necessary
- Checking tenants out of the property as required and re letting
- Rent Guarantee Insurance included for an extra 2% management fee if required/requested.
- Preparing professional independent check in inventories.
Platinum Management Service
£399 + VAT + 12% of monthly rental payments management commission
Lynks Estate Agents are a professional letting agent. It is therefore our responsibility to advice landlords of the best service available to them. Our Platinum service gives landlords the full security on their investments and minimal risk. Our Platinum service is our landlord’s favourite and offers all of the full management service with the added security and peace of mind of:
- Comprehensive Tenant References
- Rent Guarantee protection, providing protection from day 1 of rental arrears on a NIL Excess basis
- Rent payable until vacant possession, even when this runs beyond the end of the tenancy agreement
- Legal costs to obtain possession of the property if the tenant fails to pay the rent
- Total claims limit of £50,000
What happens if the tenant fails to pay the rent:
- Just sit back and relax, if a claim for rent protection is required you don’t need to be involved
- We handle that side of things for you with our dedicated legal team
- Our rent protection is NIL EXCESS and payable until vacant possession
When letting out your property
Lynks make a point of charging no commission should the tenants remain in the premises after the initial fixed term or to renew a contract if requested (we understand that we are one of only a handful of North West based residential agencies offering this as standard practice). We also do not make a further charge to the tenants.
- £75 for an EPC - Energy Performance Certificate (if you do not already have one). Please note you must obtain an EPC before marketing by law from October 08
- £155 for Electrical Periodic 5 Year Certificate
- From £50-£95 check out – professional independent report on condition and what is recommended to withhold - if any from tenants' deposit.
- Professional clean – price dependent on size of property and condition
- Obtaining possession/representing landlord in court - cost to be discussed if ever required
No let - no fee
All our lettings fees are non exclusive
We only charge you a letting fee once we find you a fully referenced tenant that you are happy to sign an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement for your property.
All our lettings fees are non exclusive (you are not tied solely to us)
Tenancy deposit scheme
We can handle that for you
Initially we will collect a one month deposit and the first month's rent and forward to you the balance, less our fees, within ten days..
In view of government tenants deposit legislation, from 2007, you will now have to register with one of the approved deposit protection schemes. The penalties for not doing so include losing the right to evict tenants under a Section 21 Notice and a fine of three times the deposit taken.
For management service only: Lynks will register all deposits with the government custodial scheme (DPS). This is held to cover damage, breakages, and any other liabilities under the terms of the tenancy agreement. Under no circumstances can the deposit be used by the tenant to cover rent.
If you are arranging your own deposit protection:
You can hold the deposit yourself if you register with and protect it in an insurance based deposit scheme. There is a fee for joining and a fee per deposit protected. Or you can register with the government custodial scheme - this is free to use - but you will have to pay the deposit into the scheme and not be able to hold it yourself. For more information please follow the links.
WE WILL LOOK AFTER YOUR PROPERTY AS IF IT WERE OUR OWN
Lynks Estate Agents are registered and regulated by The Property Ombudsman approved code.
We are not currently members of a client money protection scheme.